School Updates + Policies
The Country Day School will continue to modify the day-to-day procedures. We build on our experience to continue providing a safe in-person educational environment for the children. Our foremost priority is the health and safety of the community. CDS follows the recommendations of the Virginia Department of Education licensing standards, the Center for Disease Control, and Fairfax County and Virginia Departments of Health. As more information becomes available, our policies are likely to readjust.
*PLEASE NOTE: the below information is subject to change. Please check back for updates. The following are the measures we are implementing to support a safe environment for the children and staff at The Country Day School.
This information reflects contents of the CDS Family Handbook Addendum. Please find the Handbook in the Portal resource boards under
- Who is part of the policy decision making?
- What is being considered in the decision making-process?
- Does Country Day follow Fairfax County Public School policies?
- What happens if a child become sick while at school?
- What accommodations will CDS make for faculty, staff, and students in the high-risk category?
- How does virtual learning align with the Philosophy/Mission and community culture of the Country Day School?
- What are NAEYC workdays?