COVID-19 Information & School Updates
The Country Day School will continue distance learning for the remainder of the 2019-2020 academic year. The school campus is currently closed in compliance to the State of Virginia Stay-at-Home order effective March 12, 2020.
As we look forward to the beginning of the 2020–2021 school year, we want to thank you all for your support during these past several weeks. Never have we been more visibly reminded of what an amazing community of families and educators we are privileged to be a part of. And, it is with that sense of community in mind, that we want to provide you with an update about where we are currently with regards to our thinking about the reopening of school in the fall.
Drawing on our many years of early childhood education practices and experience we are crafting comprehensive changes to our programs and procedures in response to continually evolving state and federal parameters. Our goal is to always provide a safe, meaningful and developmentally appropriate learning environment for our students and staff.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is the current plan for Fall 2020?
- When can we expect a final decision to be made?
- What is being considered in the decision making-process?
- Who is working on the plan to re-open Country Day School in the Fall?
- What if CDS does not open in Fall 2020 or is forced to shutdown during the school year
- Does CDS plan to reimburse any of the past 9 weeks of class?
- What accommodations will CDS make for faculty, staff, and students in the high-risk category?
- How does virtual learning align with the Philosophy/Mission and community culture of the Country Day School?
- What consideration is being given to delaying the start of Preschool to Jan ‘21 in the event a full opening in Fall ‘20 proves unsafe?
- What financial related issues are being considered for the Fall semester?
- Will Country Day follow Fairfax County in Reopening in Fall 2020?