COVID-19 Information & School Updates
The Country Day School has begun in-person instruction for all programs for the 2020-2021 school year. Drawing on our many years of early childhood education practices and experience, we have crafted comprehensive changes to our programs and procedures in response to continually evolving state and federal parameters. Our goal is to always provide a safe, meaningful and developmentally appropriate learning environment for our students and staff.
Never have we been more visibly reminded of what an amazing community of families and educators we are privileged to be a part of. And, it is with that sense of community in mind, that we want to provide you with an update about where we are currently with regards to our thinking about the reopening of school in the fall. As new information becomes available, it will be shared with faculty and staff and communicated to families through established communication channels. Health & Safety is our foremost priority for the 2020-2021 school year.
The following are the measures we are implementing to support a safe environment for the children at The Country Day School.
CDS will immediately separate staff and children who exhibit COVID-19 symptoms or any signs of illness while at school, including fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Parents are expected to secure arrangements to pick-up, ill children, within 30-45 minutes of notification. If the parents are not available, an emergency contact will be called to pick up the child. If a staff member becomes ill while at school, they will be asked to go home.
This information reflects contents of the CDS Family Handbook Addendum. Please find the Handbook in the Portal resource boards under
- What is being considered in the decision making-process?
- Who is working on the plan to re-open Country Day School in the Fall?
- What if CDS does not open in Fall 2020 or is forced to shutdown during the school year
- Does CDS plan to reimburse any of the past 9 weeks of class?
- What accommodations will CDS make for faculty, staff, and students in the high-risk category?
- What is the current plan for Fall 2020?
- How does virtual learning align with the Philosophy/Mission and community culture of the Country Day School?
- What consideration is being given to delaying the start of Preschool to Jan ‘21 in the event a full opening in Fall ‘20 proves unsafe?
- What financial related issues are being considered for the Fall 2020 semester?
- Is Country Day following Fairfax County in Reopening in Fall 2020?