School Updates + Policies
* PLEASE NOTE : THE BELOW INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE. PLEASE CHECK BACK FREQUENTLY FOR UPDATES.
The Country Day School is conducting in-person instruction for all programs for the 2020-2021 school year. CDS has met many challenges of the pandemic by drawing on our many years of early childhood education practices and experience. We have crafted comprehensive changes to our programs and procedures in response to continually evolving state and federal parameters. Our goal is to always provide a safe, meaningful and developmentally appropriate learning environment for our students and staff.
Our amazing community of families and educators we are privileged to be a part of.
With that sense of community in mind, we want to provide you with updated information about where we are currently with regards to evolving policies during the pandemic. As new information becomes available, it will be shared with faculty and staff and communicated with families through established communication channels. Health & Safety is our foremost priority.
ALL policy updates are included in the Family Handbook Addendum.
The following are the measures we are implementing to support a safe environment for the children and staff at The Country Day School.
This information reflects contents of the CDS Family Handbook Addendum. Please find the Handbook in the Portal resource boards under
- What should I do if gather with family/friends?
- What is being considered in the decision making-process?
- What happens if a child become sick while at school?
- What accommodations will CDS make for faculty, staff, and students in the high-risk category?
- How does virtual learning align with the Philosophy/Mission and community culture of the Country Day School?
- What financial related issues are being considered for the Fall 2020 semester?
- Why is CDS reopening Fall '20 and not delaying start of Preschool to Jan '21?
- Is Country Day following Fairfax County reopening policies?
- Who is part of the policy decision making?
- Did CDS issue reimbursements in Spring 2020?
- What if CDS does not open in Fall 2020 or is forced to shutdown during the school year
If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com