After Class Enrichments (ACE)
Attend ACE on a Regular Basis
Parents can sign their children up for one to five days of ACE and will receive a contract that states the days of choice per semester. You have the option to pair ACE with Lunch Bunch which immediately precedes ACE programs. If you are interested in securing a permanent space in the program please contact Lorrie Hallahan for availability and details.
- Parents may choose one or more days per week for a part-day student to attend ACE (ex. every Monday-Thursday, every Tuesday and Wednesday, etc.)
- The first session of ACE begins the week of September 19, 2016 and ends January 31, 2017. The second session of ACE begins February 1, 2017 and ends the week of June 9, 2016
- ACE programs are from 1:00-2:00pm daily. Children who opt to pair ACE with Lunch Bunch transition from the AM class into Lunch Bunch, and then on to their ACE program. Children not participating in Lunch Bunch arrive in a 12:50-1:00pm carpool. Children depart ACE through a carpool from 2:00-2:10pm.
- Children who opt to pair ACE with Lunch Bunch bring a lunch from home that does not require refrigeration and contains no nut products.
Rates per Semester
|Drop In/day ACE only||$25|
|Drop In/day ACE plus Lunch Bunch||$45|
Do Drop In Program
Do you have an upcoming meeting to prepare for? Are your in-laws coming into town? Would you like to volunteer at your older child's school or attend an exercise class? This one or two hour program will be available each afternoon on an as-needed basis. Children will join existing ACE or Lunch Bunch plus ACE as detailed below. Space is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis.
There are several options for part day students to drop in to ACE.
- Students may drop in to ACE only on any given day of the week. Price per day: $25
- Children in AM classes who are regularly enrolled in Lunch Bunch will transition from their morning class to Lunch Bunch then into their ACE program.
- Children arriving for ACE only arrive during a 12:50-1:00pm carpool.
- All ACE students depart during a 2:00-2:10pm carpool.
- Students not regularly enrolled in Lunch Bunch may drop in to Lunch Bunch followed by an ACE class on any given day of the week. Price per day: $45
- Children bring a lunch from home that does not require refrigeration and contains no nut products.
- Children transition from their morning class to the Lunch Bunch program, immediately followed by their ACE program.
- Departure carpool is from 2:00-2:10pm.
Registration for drop in dates becomes available on a monthly basis approximately 2 weeks before the 1st of the coming month. Due to the nature of the drop in program, we cannot guarantee that a child will be placed in a particular class or with a particular friend.
“[My daughter] LOVES Do Drop In.... It is unbeatable in terms of the quality time she spends there and I can't even start to tell you what a difference it makes for parents. It is such a peace of mind to know she is at CDS." -Current CDS Parent
Spring Daily ACE Options
Day of Week:
Games of all Kinds
Cuisine and Culture Around the World
Into the Woods
The weekly yoga class is designed to teach the beginning principles of mindfulness, self-expression, self-awareness, strength, flexibility and balance. Classes include basic yoga poses, games, songs and stories offered in a fun, energetic and noncompetitive environment. For more information about this class, please contact www.dreamyogastudio.com.
This program is ideal for children who often ask if they can help cook at home and love to combine, experiment with and taste different ingredients. The class will create fun cooking projects to enjoy together as they explore a variety of books, etiquette, music and projects related to the cuisine of the week.
Games of all Kinds
The children enrolled in this class will have fun playing indoor and outdoor games including, board games, movement games, card games and organized activities that practice turn taking, collaborative play and following directions. There will be an emphasis on encouraging the development of sportsmanship and team building skills.
Does your young architect like to build with Legos and other fun building materials? Do they long for an extended period of time devoted to creating masterpieces with novel materials? This weekly class is designed to enhance your child's ability to problem solve and engage in team work while developing language, cognitive, fine motor and social skills.
In this weekly class, children will have the opportunity to investigate materials and media through process-based activities. Children will create their own, unique artwork using paint and watercolor, drawing implements, primary and secondary colors, sensory materials like play dough and gak while also discovering three dimensional shapes and their attributes.
Into the Woods
Each week this class will explore different themes that will connect your children with nature on our beautiful grounds. The children will learn about and explore a range of topics including, animals and animal habitats, native plants and trees, gardening, the seasons, art in nature, conservation and eco-friendly practices.
This group is a fun, play-based class to introduce and review a wide range of social skills including entering on-going play, carrying conversations, negotiating and better managing competition and teasing. Children will practice narrative skills, listening, following directions, goal setting and self evaluation. Each class varies with puppet shows, role plays, movement games, art projects, story times, group and individual challenges. For more information about this class, please contact Rene Hackney.
Each week children come together for a special story time during which they will use stories as a backdrop for learning through literature. Activities will include acting out stories with puppets and dramatic play, recreating recipes, making art work inspired by the illustrator and building related settings.